India vs South Africa 1st test day 4: India’s new test opener Rohit Sharma is the first batsman to score two hundred in 1st match as an opener. He scored 176 runs in the 1st Innings while scored 127 runs in the 2nd innings.
Rohit scored his fifth Test hundred ongoing match India vs South Africa 1st Test match on Day 4 in Vizag stadium. Rohit also breaks 25-years old record in the Test cricket.
He breaks India’s former cricketer Navvjot Singh Sindhu’s record, who had hit eight sixes in a match against Sri Lanka in Lucknow cricket ground.
Rohit also broke former Australian-South African cricketer Keplar Wessels’s record of scoring most runs while opening for the first time in Test cricket.
Wessels scored 208 runs in 2 Test innings against England in 1982-83, while Rohit Sharma made 303 runs in his 2 innings in Visakhapatnam. Rohit also rewrote the record of most sixes in a Test match.
Rohit also breaks the former Pakistan skipper Wasim Akram’s record for the most sixes in a Test. Wasim had blasted 12 sixes against Zimbabwe at Sheikhpura. Rohit broke the record when he hammered Dean Piedt for three successive sixes and reached 13.
Earlier in the day, South Africa was folded for 431 runs as spinner Ravichandran Ashwin picked seven wickets in the innings.
Rohit also included a massive record for made two centuries in a test match.
Let’s check the who had hit two centuries in a Test match
- Vijay Hazare was the first Indian to achieve the feat way back in 1948 against Australia at Adelaide.
- The former Indian skipper Sunil Gavaskar leads the list, scoring two hundred on three occasions. He achieved the feat against West Indies in 1971, Pakistan in 1978, and against West Indies again in 1978.
- The Indian wall, Rahul Dravid did twice this massive feat. He made two hundred in a test was against New Zealand in 1999, and vs Pakistan in 2005.
- India’s skipper Virat Kohli also did this feat against Australia in 2014 while Ajinkya Rahane did in 2015 against South Africa.
India vs South Africa 1st Test: Scoreboard
- India 1st Inns – 502/7d
- South Africa 1st Inns – 431/10
- India 2nd Inns – 323/4d
Rohit Sharam is the first batsman to score two hundred
Cricket Explorer is started to explore Cricket across the globe 24*7 and report it to the Cricket crazy fans. We try to keep you updated with most of the Cricketing activities across the world at all times. Follow our networks to get our updates and improving your cricketing knowledge or follow your favorite players, teams.
Facebook: Cricket Explorer
Twitter: Cricket Explorer
Instagram: Cricket Explorer